PADI Open Water Diver Certification
Starting out at $279 for referral (classroom and pool)
$379 for complete certification (classroom, pool and 4 checkout dives)* This is a lifetime certification that never expires
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
The Certification Process
Open water certification is broken up into 3 sections:
- Classroom: knowledge development where we discuss the science and theory behind scuba diving.
- Confined Water: where we take the knowledge you learned and take it to the pool to practice skills.
- Open Water: Final step of the certification where what you’ve learned all comes together in 4 dives!
You have the option of completing your entire certification with us or we can give you a referral to complete your open water dives at any destination in the world (referral is most popular option during the Ohio winter season).
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
- We ask that you purchase your own mask, fins and snorkel as these are personal fitting items. This is also an investment in you and your new diving adventure.
- Checkout dives cost $100 this includes rental gear for all 4 dives.
- Quarry entry fees apply to open water dive locations and they are student paid.
All other rental gear and books included.
We like to take the time to talk to you about our class options to see what best fits your needs and abilities, so call us at (614) 298-9777 or contact us online to talk to a PADI professional.